Thursday, October 23, 2014

Produce Produce, Encaustic Painting and Getting My Fruits and Veg


Produce produce - that was the request.  And here they are:
Five encaustic mixed media paintings that are all 8x10. 
When I say mixed media - although they don't really look it - their starts and under paintings are begun with layers mixed with paper, fabrics and book pages: tissue, patterns and whatever interesting things I can find to put into the works. 

Rabbit Food



Waiting for Smoothie
 
Red Bells


Heirlooms II


Green Fig

This was a fun subject for me to paint and try and figure out a way to do it that was interesting for me as well as hopefully for others.  Since I was happy how these turned out, off I went off to Whole Foods and bought another round of interesting subjects that will include egg plant, yellow beets, red pears, tri color carrots and I'm hopeful to pick up a turnip or two.  They will be round two of the produce produce paintings.  Happy Friday every one!

25 comments:

  1. Wow, Marji, these are all just fantastic. I can't believe the strawberries aren't a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow indeed. I was blown away by the carrots and then they just kept going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning still life paintings Marji!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond lovely, you've done such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fruits and vegetables, aren't they just fun to paint? Your results are lovely, ehm.... and now I'll have to find something to chew on. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they all look great, but those strawberries are simply amazing... I scrolled back up for another look!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fruit and veggies! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marji these are fantastic! I love the perspective and composition you've used for each ad much as how realistic and fresh they alk actually look! Are these for a special produce produce exhibition,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pieces and juicy pieces, Marji. Pure perfection. Fantastic work.

    http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow they all look so real, wonderful veggie and fruit paintings Marji. Happy PPF Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is magical!Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow- those look like photographs. I love the glossy look. Happy upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with others - like photos!
    'Strawberries' is my favorite, great colors and details.

    my blog - > BLOGitse

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those strawberries! They look good enough to eat, and strawberries are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, juicy, cocktails of colors and beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marji these veggie and fruit paintings are so lush and delicious. The carrots look good enough to eat. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my goodness! Those strawberries looked so real, my mouth started to water! Your paintings fill my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are amazing Marji-wow! Since I'm partial to bunnies my fave is the carrots:) Oh, and you can make a delicious soup with all those great veggies when you're finished painting them. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great rich colors and depth. Love your work!

    Tam Hess
    ArtInFlight
    CardMakingArtists

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning, I love them all but for some reason the carrots are my fav!! I can see those hanging in a very cool kitchen!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!! these are all stunning but I have to say I favor the strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in love.... these are beyond fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all beautiful and the textures are great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...