Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Paisley

Paisley
Encaustic on birch panel
8x8

New palette, new inspiration.
I switched off the cool palette that I was using (yellow ochre, ultramarine blue and alizarin crimson).  I felt that it was super easy to use, but that the faces were looking too cool and frankly kinda scary. 
So I switched to cadmium red, alizarin crimson, burnt umber, burnt sienna, yellow ochre, sap green, black and white. 
I threw in some cerulean blue for a little pop at the end.  Not sure that was really the right thing to do, but... oh well, still on the learning curve.
The great news is that each one gets better.
*Thankfully*
 

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love the colors. Do you sketch your face first or just start painting? I'm curious because I just did a post about my graphite sketches compared to my painting. Please drop by when you can...maybe you could offer some advise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is beautiful you talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love the texture and color of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...