|Revisiting the Art's Way, spending time on walks |
and looking to nature to find inspiration
Here's what I am finding inspiring today -
- This Quote - “If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.” Edward Hopper
- Ways to get unstuck in creativity from a newsletter from my wonderful and creative friend Kat Sloma over at Kateyestudio.com Here are four ways to jump start your creativity, suggested by my readers:
But most of all, they suggested, take the pressure off and let things be. Creative dips often come before a big step forward or a new project coming your way. Be patient, they told me.
- Change mediums. There is nothing like dabbling with a different set of tools to open up a creative channel, is there?
- Go for a walk. Getting outside and moving helps you see things in a whole new way. Good for your body, mind and creative soul!
- Do something completely different. Go off and cook, work on a house project, and let your mind wander. The ideas inevitably come when we aren't wanting them.
- Journal. Morning pages are part of The Artist's Way for a reason, helping us to get all of those limiting thoughts out of our head and onto the page.
- The brilliant and inspiring words of Julia Cameron every day with this book
- How my friend Minnemie sees art in the broken