Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday - Live Life Fearlessly


Live life fearlessly
Its my new motto.  Have any of you read the book "Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing" by Anita Moorjani?  Well, first off, I will say it is not for everyone.  You have to like those kinda spiritual journey books in order to like it.  If you like Dwayne Dyer's stuff, you'll like this one.  She's got some great insight that she brings forward.  Stuff we've all heard or read.. but I think it doesn't hurt to hear it again.  I found out about it through Danielle LaPorte - I'm a huge fan of Danielle LaPorte - she makes me laugh, she makes me cry and she really gets me pondering some things. 
Anyway... back to live life fearlessly.  This doesn't mean wrecklessly, or without abandon or any of that stuff.  I'm not going to go bungee jumping - because that really does scare the pants off me.  What it does mean is - dump the fears.. all those little nagging things that eat away at us and keep us from really being something - our true something.  The old stuff - the I'm not good enough, I don't fit in, I can't this or I can't that because really.... I'm afraid.  OK - dump it - really, its time.
How does all this fit into the painting above? - well, good question... 
It has to do with being an artist - how often do we feel we don't stack up - we compare, we criticize, we self destruct and we melt down into a big pile of goo.  How often do we not try something new because.. well, its too hard, I can't do it, it takes too much time to learn it, I'm not good at that - got the idea?  Yep, fears... all of them.  And... what can we do about all that? - you got it- live life fearlessly.
I'm still working with photo transfers and encaustic and I'm finding a way to make them my own, make them more than a photograph and make them more than what I expected I could do.
It's Paint Party Friday - dump the fears, experiment, have fun, and try something new.


33 comments:

  1. so true! I can be a total fraidy cat-love your portrait. very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about dumping your fears. You can't enjoy life if you are scared of everything or of trying something new. Just have a sense of humor and all will be good.
    Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful portrait.........for me all art is an adventure as am very new still to it all............and everything is difficult........lol Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you are on a wonderful adventure with interesting explorations.
    such an interesting piece, the layers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post ~ needed to read this today definitely ~ your painting is excellent ~ and am doing some encaustic with photos myself ~ started small on ATC size encaustic board and will put them in the gallery with a few of my other mini canvases ~ wishing you a fearless, magical weekend and week ahead ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work. The image transfer in combination with encaustic creates gorgeous texture and mystery. Really nice. I'm always working on living fearlessly. Some days are better than others, but we have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible image and great attitude ;)!
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes yes! I so enjoyed reading your post, I like Danielle too (reading her book right now, oh my!). Living life fearlessly is soo soooo difficult but hey, we are working on it - right? :)
    Wonderful how you can combine encaustic with painting, it's so beautiful.

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great painting! I like this technique, too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tossing out the fear that impedes us is such a good idea! Love how you used the transfer with the encaustic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like your painting, super nice layers and textures and I love the expression! You are so right about fears...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like your portrait, super nice layers and textures! And great expression! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An arresting picture. I like her eyes.

    Thanks for stopping by and Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an uplifting post! I never feel I measure up in art things. My craft ventures are more successful, I think. Maybe I'm supposed to just not do painting and just do crafts. But every now and then I get the urge to paint big flowers that go beyond the edge of the paper and I do and they look halfway decent. Your transfer/encaustic art is something I've never done. You have made a fine art piece with it. Just beautiful. Thanks for visiting my Class of '52 illustration. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it. Every bit of it!! Words and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for you!! Love your words and the books sounds interesting. Thank you for stopping by my PPF post and nice to meet you. Your work is awesome. Her eyes are looking at something that seems appealing to her. A rather secretive look in her eyes. There must be a big apple pie on the table along with a bowl of vanilla ice cream. tee hee. Great job. Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read all the greats, Deepak, Wayne, Tony and many more, they all advocate dropping the fear. Wonderful post. Sadly I've discussed this with many women whose inner voice holds them back. Your art piece is beautifully vulnerable!! Kudos to you experimenting to find your own style!!

    Happy ppf
    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful inspiring post and love your piece of art! Very loose, freelook to t!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your motto so much. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and views about art and fear, too, you're a great motivator! And your art is wonderful, I am in awe of that nose..it's so amazingly done..so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is a great post and I love the painting to go with your wise and thoughtful words...xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved reading your post. You're so very right.
    The painting is really unique. I've never tried this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool portrait! I like your sense of pattern and design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love this painting, this technique nd your post so much

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post Marji! And I love your girl - what a beautiful experiment! She feels so free and flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful art and words. I too am learning to live more fearlessly. I haven't read Anita's book, but I have watched some of her videos, she and her story are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the face, she seems to be enjoying a secret joke! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  27. These photo transfers you are doing are just great, so much depth. Yes, it's all about living a fearless life, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is REALLY brilliant! Both the artwork and the words! AND I love all the texture and color you have here, another wonderful piece, xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such wonderful advice. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your work. Both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for all the wonderful advice! I love your your painting, it's beautiful! I think live life fearlessly will be what on work on in the future. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good words...the only thing holding us back is ourselves. I'm a victim of myself moreso than anything else.

    I love the depth you have in this painting. The texture of the hair is particularly beguiling :D I think you might own it already :D Great stuff.

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...