Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rainy Day Sanctuary - Part 2

Yesterday, I introduced several of the flower houses at the Seattle Volunteer Park Conservatory.  I spent a rainy afternoon there about a week ago.  After I got home and looked at the photos I took, I decided that it was pretty obvious by the number of photos that I kinda took a hankering to the Cactus House.


I totally admit that I have a thing about texture.  I really am drawn to texture and line.  So what is there not about that in the Cactus House - its like texture and line Heaven.  I love finding inspiration in Nature.

 The Cactus House itself is not huge by any means, but it is packed with so much interest that I was a little like a kid in a candy store. 

For those of you who are desert dwellers - this is kinda ordinary and a little old-hat for you - but for me.. a girl from the Pacific NW - this is cool.

 Sharp and soft

 I love the whisker effect on this one.. and the cactus bokeh

 Its like a nest

 Who knew there were blue cactus in the world?

These look like sea anemone

 Line - texture - Love

More Cactus Bokeh.
*Sigh*  cactus love.  Have a happy weekend.  Its Paint Party Friday tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Love these cactus shots, particularly the first-beautiful lines. I like the sea anenome one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! These are spectacular. I'm crossing my fingers that they don't close the conservatory doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen cacti look more beautiful! Lovely, creative photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are absolutely beautiful, love how you have captured them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...