Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday:: Aspire to Inspire

Smile
encaustic on birch 10x10
Have you ever pondered the thought : What lifts me up? 
What is it that you do that really makes you feel good inside and causes that little wave of emotion to surge and the tiniest of smiles to cross your face.
What lifts me up?  I've been thinking about this lately.   This is what I came up with:  Inspire - inspire is top of the list. Really. The thought I did something or said something that inspired someone else – wowie. Uplifting. You GO Girl kinda stuff.

So how do we do this – add inspire to our daily list of things we do? What if the TO DO list looked something like this:
Grocery shopping, inspire, bank, inspire, Dr. appt.,inspire, laundry, inspire, make dinner, inspire
I mean really, look at the definition. How can we not find a way to add this to our day.

in·spired, in·spir·ing, in·spires
v.tr.

1. To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence.
2. To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion:
3.
a. To stimulate to action; motivate:.
b. To affect or touch:
4. To draw forth; elicit or arouse:
5. To be the cause or source of; bring about.
6. To draw in (air) by inhaling.


7. Archaic
a. To breathe on.
b. To breathe life into.
v.intr.
1. To stimulate energies, ideals, or reverence:
2. To inhale.

Inspire comes in so many shapes and forms. Inspire can be intentional and unintentional. I actually believe that often times we have no idea that something we did was inspiring. So today add inspire to your “do” list – say something kind, do something kind, smile, laugh, compliment, hug, kiss, inhale – and be your amazing self. You may not know who you inspire, but really that's OK. If we all include at least one kind act or kind words in our day, we will inspire others. Today, go out into the world and aspire to inspire.


Happy Paint Party Friday to you all. Many thanks to this group for their kindness and beautiful inspirational work. Hit the button below and go and visit some of these amazing artists who share their work on Fridays.  (sorry for the small print - ran into an HTML snag that I couldn't seem to fix)



36 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Just gorgeous, I love how you use color and the composition. I can't believe this is encaustic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smile! :) And such inspiring words. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just absolutely gorgeous, striking and superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully done. Interesting post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your great painting and you have definitely given me much to think about. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a wonderful painting! lovely details
    loved thinking about the words you have shared.... lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. GASP!!!! OH wow! Is this another transfer or is this a painting with wax? I am SO impressed by this - it IS AN INSPIRATION - and it is brilliant! LOVE it, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No transfer here... this one is all encaustic :)

      Delete
  8. wonderful smile :)

    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this piece! Is it all encaustic or did you paint your portrait and then encaustic over it? Wish I could view it in person. It's awesome. Love your words about Inspiring. :-) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This partial face is an inspiring piece for sure! Absolutely gorgeous. Who doesn't want lips like that
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful composition. I love that pretty mouth sweet lips.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this. Lovely thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful painting, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this. Interesting reading what inspire means too. Happy PPF which is very inspiring. So much talent to check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous and potent piece..so beautiful...and the blending and fleshtones...sublime!
    Love your beautiful realm here ..
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am amazed! The colors in this piece are amazing...so many and yet it looks like flesh, it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your post is inspiring so I think you've achieved your goal for today. I love your view of the face without the eyes. Such a different view. Great texture and color. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, if you just want me to breathe on people, that I can do. ;) But really, I do like this idea. And your encaustic looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW...I GOT PENT UP IN YOUR WORDS I HAD TO RE LOOK AT YOUR PAINTING...WHICH BY THE WAY...IS INSPIRING, AS ARE YOUR WORDS...I AIM TO INSPIRE MY KIDS TO BE THE BEST THEY CAN BE....I HOPE THAT I DO INSPIRE OTHERS AT SOME POINT IN MY LIFE....I HOPE I INSPIRED CHILDREN WHEN I USED TO TEACH, BUT NOW I HOMESCHOOL MY OWN CHILDREN...GEE...I THINK I WANT TO DO MORE...XXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous painting and post!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  21. great post and very inspiring... no pun intended... it was a great read and your painting is lovely... encaustic adds such a wonderful sheen...xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this face!!Funny thing I have been thinking about this too... sure enough I saw my goddess group of arty friends for a birthday celebration. We are only exchanging cards after 30 years of dinners!!Well everyone found the most inspirational cards with great art on them.It was so well thought out, and everyone was dressed so artsy and beautiful. I felt like I had been creatively lifted up!!! I blared music all the way home and feel totally pumped to do something creative tomorrow!! Great post!!! Wonderful art!! Have a creative week!!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful lips! I usually try to "encourage". To inspire is sooo much better, heaps! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great painting and great post! I'm going to try to add 'inspire' into my daily routine more...it's all in the definition. Thanks for the inspiration. :) You go girl!! ;) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh this is brilliant!!! I love this painting.....

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very inspiring words, great painting too, I just love the properties of wax paintings! Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely words and beautiful painting. To be able to inspire is truly a gift and always touches someone's heart. What lifts me up is seeing the smile of a person after being encouraged, people helping other people, me being able to create art that inspire someone... so many more. Thanks for sharing. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely painting. I just love the extreme close up. Great post too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cool post, and the painting detail is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your painting is incredibly beautiful and your words are definitly inspiring. What a difference it would make if we could each inspire even one person each day. I know that I am inspired by all of the painters that I meet each Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Delightful post and I really love your encaustic painting! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous art work, wow! This and your words have been truly inspiring to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...