Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Photo-Heart Connection::April

I really didn't have much to show for photos for April.  I browsed back into the April archives and I came to the conclusion that April is not a big photography month for me. 
However, with that said - there was some common April photos and that is the cherry blossoms.
Every year, I make the trek to the University of Washington campus and I stand among the Yashino Cherry Trees.  I'm not the only one who came to admire their beauty.  I shared the large space with many photographers trying to capture the beauty of the blossoms. 
When I come home and look through the photos from the day - I always feel that I can't quite capture the beauty there.  I think that's one reason I go every year is that I don't feel I have gotten it - that one photo that captures the essence of what standing under the enormous canopy of cotton candy blossoms is really like.  I can't find a way to capture the confetti of pink petals flickering in the air.  Nor can I capture the smells, the energy and the vibe this space holds for me.  But, what I can do is keep those memories fresh in my mind with the photos I do take.  I found this one to be the one for the photo-heart connection for April.  It not only reminds me of the beautiful day under the trees, but it also reminds me of the importance of capturing the things that I love.  It reminds me the importance of taking photos in order to keep these kinds of moments alive for me.  I'm linking up with the Photo-Heart connection hosted by Kat Sloma today.


  And... just for fun, I couldn't resist a little more photo-heart connection.  I found her while looking for 1960's photos.  She rocks that hairdo - don't ya think?



15 comments:

  1. The UW campus is a pretty amazing place, architecture-wise, but in the spring it is beyond gorgeous. We visited when we lived in MT and ID. I like the value contrasts and delicate vs. ruff/solid contrast of the flowers and bark that you've captured here. I think that I can smell those blooms :)
    That "do" gets the crazy award! I'm thinking the arrow has altered her brain....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the images we take can hold such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo is beautiful, and your words took me right into that bunch of trees. I like how you described the setting.

    And as I read your words it occurred to me that sometimes a photo just can't do it justice. You just have to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those blossoms growing right out of the trunk? I love the contrast between their delicate beauty and the solidity of the trunk behind them. And I love the blurred background that hints at the abundance of blossoms all around.

    That has to be one of the more bizarre hairdos I've ever seen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the angle of your shot and the shallow DOF, which lets us know that there are many blossoms nearby. Pure loveliness! Capturing an image of something we love is a wonderful challenge....my PHC doesn't really capture everything I was seeing and feeling, but it's fun to try. I guess that hairdo isn't crazier than some celebrity hair we see today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading your reasons for why you chose this photo as your April Photo Heart Connection. A beautiful photo was made even more captivating thru your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cherry blossoms, one of my favorites! I especially like the colors and bokeh on the right half of the image. Also, 'heart hair' is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful image and I loved reading your words. I love the power of photography to trigger and hold such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blossom shot. I just love that soft blur and the delicate colours to the right of the trunk. I like the way you talk about capturing the energy of the place you went to take this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. something about fluffy blossoms is calming... is it the fact that blossoms signal growth? spring-time? my post has pink cherry blossoms taken in wash dc... spring time sure offers a lot of photo ops, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahaha that last image is hilarious!! but i totally love your words about this image..yes its so important to capture the things we love & to cherish them over & over !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the chuckle with that heart hair photo! I think you captured beautifully why so many of us photograph. So often we can't capture the breadth of our experience, but looking at the images makes it real again. I love how you wrote: "I stand among the Yashino Cherry Trees." I felt a sense of reverence and awe in the way you put that. Thank you for sharing this wonderful moment in the Photo-Heart Connection. Between your image and your words, you conveyed your experience to us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like the blossoms of spring are a special favorite -- I love how they bring back memories of a special day.

    Your commenter will not allow me to post using my wordpress.org blog, so I am adding the link to my connection photo. (Frustrating...)

    http://www.seededearth.com/2012/05/04/aprils-photo-heart-connection-photo-an-unusual-choice/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photo! I'd like to be one of those photographer's standing with you! So many times, I've just had to put down my camera and just enjoy the moment because I can't quite capture it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for balancing it out with a good laugh! Hahaha! I love your photo of the cherry blossoms. Thank you for all your words. :)

    Love,
    Jen ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...