Sunday, April 10, 2011

Photo Mojo - Focus 52

 .Yellow. 
My Aunt came for a visit. She didn't visit often, but when she did, she always brought undeniable creative flair.  She decided that it was time for me to give up baby blue and Bambi. There was no questioning her decision, we would paint my bedroom yellow - bright yellow. She orchestrated the entire makeover.  Yellow went on the walls.  We painted my old desk white and the knobs we decorated with orange and yellow flowers. My Dad hung white shelves and a bulletin board over my desk.  My Mom sewed a new duvet cover.  The icing on the cake - the orange shag rug my Dad found at the carpet remnant store.  My Aunt was the coolest.  Yellow was awesome.  I was 12.

I revisited my favorite yellow patch this week.  The texture is worn and aged from the shoes of many patrons.  I love standing there on that island of yellow.  It makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. What precious memories. I'm wondering if you are standing on the rug. It looks like painted concrete, but there apears to fringe. Whatever it is, it's a cool pic and a cool story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this post! Your patch of yellow makes me happy too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...