Do you pick a word for the new year? I do. I've decided its nice to have a word to fall back on during the year. Its nice to have a word to build the year upon. Its like a theme song - only its a theme word. No music, just a word to sling shot you back into the game if you get a little wobbly and lose focus. This will be the 3rd year for me to pick a word to be my north star for the year. Last year was a good strong word. The year before was the word knowledge because it was to be a year of learning. This year, I've chosen an action word, one that will get me out of the blocks and keep me going.
This year I have chosen MOVE.
What does move mean?
(1): to change the place or position of (2): to dislodge or displace from a fixed position : budge(3) to transfer from one position to another(4): to keep pace; moving with the times;
- a (1): to cause to go or pass from one place to another with a continuous motion; move the flag slowly up and down; (2): to cause to advanceb: to cause to operate or function : actuate
movesthe whole machine c: to put into activity or rouse up from inactivity
- : to cause to change position or posture
- : to prompt or rouse to the doing of something : persuade
movedus to take action
- a: to stir the emotions, feelings, or passions of
movedby such kindness b: to affect in such a way as to lead to an indicated show of emotion movedher to tears
- : to change hands by being sold
Move = exercise, Move = act on ideas with no procrastination, Move = write and paint more meaningfully, Move = get my art out into the world.I've spent the time I have needed to learn, gain knowledge and skills. I've spent time building confidence and strength. And, now its time to move.