Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 In a Word




Do you pick a word for the new year?  I do.  I've decided its nice to have a word to fall back on during the year.  Its nice to have a word to build the year upon.  Its like a theme song - only its a theme word.  No music, just a word to sling shot you back into the game if you get a little wobbly and lose focus.  This will be the 3rd year for me to pick a word to be my north star for the year. Last year was a good strong word.  The year before was the word knowledge because it was to be a year of learning.  This year, I've chosen an action word, one that will get me out of the blocks and keep me going.
This year I have chosen MOVE.
What does move mean?
  1. (1): to change the place or position of (2): to dislodge or displace from a fixed position : budge
    (3) to transfer from one position to another(4): to keep pace; moving with the times;
  2. a (1): to cause to go or pass from one place to another with a continuous motion; move the flag slowly up and down; (2): to cause to advance
    b: to cause to operate or function : actuate moves the whole machine c: to put into activity or rouse up from inactivity
  3. : to cause to change position or posture
  4. : to prompt or rouse to the doing of something : persuade moved us to take action
  5. a: to stir the emotions, feelings, or passions of moved by such kindness  b: to affect in such a way as to lead to an indicated show of emotion moved her to tears
  6. : to change hands by being sold

Move = exercise, Move = act on ideas with no procrastination, Move = write and paint more meaningfully, Move = get my art out into the world.
I've spent the time I have needed to learn, gain knowledge and skills.  I've spent time building confidence and strength.  And, now its time to move. 

7 comments:

  1. That's a great word and a wonderful start to the new year!! Probably one I should heed too!! But I picked FOCUS this year, last year was NOURISH, and the year before that was ASK.

    Happy New Year!! May you move to your hearts content!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move is a great choice. Much interpretation and an opportunity for growth and change. Good luck and applause. I have not chosen a word nor resolution. I guess my resolution is to just keep going the way I am which may be the opposite of move or exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brave choice and I am sure it will really move you forward. I think your words have really helped get you to this place. Looking forward to seeing all the places you will get to on this blog.
    I have chosen ORGANISE this year - something I need to do from so many angles!
    I x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word choice! May you be blessed this year in your "moving." My word is "slow-dance," which is moving too, but at an enjoyable pace so that I don't forget to savor life (because I have a tendency to put too much pressure on myself and then become overwhelmed).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this word choice! It can mean so many great things! I love your art and can't wait to see how you apply this! xo Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good word! I'm still thinking about mine! I'm thinking maybe 'Soar' but it feels a little pretentious but I have been so inspired by reading 'Taking Flight' by Kelly Rae Roberts (properly this time!) I think it is the one for me :)

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of a new years word -- I have recently realized my new years ritual (basically noting everything that shows up as symbol/portent of the new year) is insufficient bc it does not really hold up to scrutiny. Also I actually had an incredibly boring and dissappointing new years, but the idea of selecting a word, somehow, resonates. 'Move' is a dang good word too LOL have a great year in any event!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...