Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Ones That Got Away, Hummer and Friends


Hummer
encaustic mixed media 6x6
The ones that got away.  Got away in the sense that they have found new homes and have flown the coop this week. What a good feeling to have paintings move on and out into the world.   I paint for me, I paint the things I love - yet, having them move out and bring happiness to others - wow, that's huge in my book.  One of those hidden benefits of being an artist I guess.  Maybe next time when I am asked what I do for a living - I'll just say:
I bring happiness to others

Kingfisher
encaustic mixed media 6x6

The Paris Bunnies
encaustic mixed media 6x6

Sunflower
encaustic mixed media 6x6

Next week - wonky bowls, the pomegranate and fabulous cubes :)  Happy Friday everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful work, as always. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always love your work, it's very beautiful. I found your blog again so I'm following through wordpress.

    Have a great day!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just getting to see your fine art work brings happiness to me, Marji. I love the overview of the bunnies in this post. How precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy looking at your work. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the wonderful dimensions you achieve in your beautiful artwork Marji. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done; have a wonderful Friday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not at all surprised they have found new homes, they are totally gorgeous works of art!
    I love this type of medium and you are a master at it. Enjoy your art very much.

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just tell them you are a "Daymaker"! You make every ones day with your gorgeous artwork! So stunning...all of it!! I am so glad when you share!! Glad some of it got sold.

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very partial to animal and bird art so this was such a special treat for me today! I especially LOVE the hummer and bunnies-fantastic projects all around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful Marji and no wonder they flew away to new homes!! Anyone would be proud to hang your vibrant gorgeous art in their home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...