Friday, August 26, 2011

Postcard Swap!

Liberate Your Art
Postcard Swap

I sent 5 postcards of my artwork to Kat Sloma of Kateye View of the World and she liberated them.  My 5 cards in turn went to 5 other participants in the swap.  Throughout the month of August a beautiful postcard arrived in my mailbox and I would had the opportunity to experience some really beautiful art from others around the world.

This is my collection.
Aren't they amazing!?
Mail has really gotten boring over the years.  Its bills, or flyers or solicitations of some kind.  A few magazines do brighten the month - can't seem to not have
InStyle, SELF, and Cooking Light.
However, the written card, letter or postcard is really few and far between.  I have some friends that still do the written word.  But it seems like with email and text in our lives, that the keep-in-touch thing has really changed.

Starter Stones
Visit Sassy's website
HERE

I was really excited to visit all of these talented artist's websites and blogs.  Such a treat to see what others are doing out there in this big world. Sassy has some beautiful photography to share on her site.

"Here's a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't"
~Richard Bach~
Visit Rosa's website
Simple Mansion
HERE
Rosa lives in Hong Kong.  Its a place that I also have lived.  She has a beautiful website.  *Rosa - when you find this post, I hope that you tell me/us more about your beautiful postcard - about the original artwork from which is was made and your process.
"The Dust of Life"
Visit Ann Isik's website
HERE
Ann is located in the UK.  She has a beautiful website with lots of inspiration for artists.  *Ann, I also hope that you share how you created this beautiful postcard.

"In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than
the heart can imagine"
~R.W. Emerson~
Visit Cara's website
HERE
Cara's was my second postcard that I received.  You can check out that post HERE
Hello from Jamestown, NY!
Lynn Wigren
visit her blog
HERE

Lynn is a talented collage artist.  Lynn's was my first postcard and there is more about it on this post HERE 

Kat Sloma
Visit Kat's studio with this link
Kat Eye Studio

And, Lucky me... a beautiful card from Kat, too!

Wow - fun, easy and did I say fun?! 
Kat is going to have another postcard swap in early 2012.  If you are interested you can follow the link to Kat's studio where you can get on the email list for future notification.
Or, come on back here, and I'll let you know how to sign up once the news comes out.

Now the really fun part!!
Its a blog hop to all the participants websites or blogs
I hope you join in the fun and see where it takes you.

19 comments:

  1. The postcards you received are indeed beautiful! There are so many different styles of art we can learn about. The gorgeous blue in Kat's photo jumps out at me every time I see it. Wow. Thank you for sharing those that you received!

    Bill from Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you had fun!! That was one of the main objectives. I'm happy we were able to connect yet another way through the swap Marji. Thanks for joining in the swap and the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the postcards you received! You sure did get a variety. They are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! Love them all :]
    So nice to meet you and visit your blog.
    Very inspiring to receive "mail art", have fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I also received one from Rosa and one from Ann. Wasn't it so fun? Oh and one from you!!! Which was the first I received and loved it. You are on my blog! :) Lovely to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are truly amazing! The one with a heart is so simple and yet so powerful. I enjoyed getting some colorful artwork in mail as well.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post cards! I've seen so many different ones on this blog hop, so much inspirational art work. Thanks for sharing them here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the post. I found you through the blog hop, and it's a treat to see your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful cards you received! I loved participating in the swap too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the stone heart!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. All are beautiful! This was fun receiving, and now being able to look at so many more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree - so much fun and meeting other folks all over the country, seeing their art, finding their blogs - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All are beautiful, this was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! This is fun to hop around to see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like you had fun with it, and got some really nice postcards! we are surviving the hurricane well in my part of manhattan. thanks for checking in :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marji, stopping back to say hi! Lovely post for the blog hop! Hope you're having as much fun with this as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful collection - thanks so much for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Marji!

    You received such a beautifully diverse group of postcards - This has been such fun!

    I am really enjoying looking around your blog! I am amazed at your first and second attempt at portraits... Wow! I am so intrigued by encaustics, but for whatever reason I have always been a bit intimidated by the medium.

    I definitely look forward to seeing more of your work!

    xo
    Kristin

    p.s. I love your header - The colors, the textures, the composition... Fantastic! I have Chuck Taylors in just about every color under the sun! (I even wore them under my wedding dress) For my very first blog post I had a photo of me standing over my sketchbook on a dropcloth and all you could see of me was my black sneakers :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. blog hopping myt way through the swap. wow some great stuff everytime I open a new blog I am amazed. thanks for sharing your art

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...