Thursday, February 16, 2012

3 Days in the UK

I've been on vacation. 
I had a wonderful trip.  10 days away to Europe.
Its really kind of embarassing how many photos I took.  I am now just getting through them, picking the best and will be sharing them here with you.
I have to break them into catagories, otherwise
we'll be here all day.
My first segment is my 3 days in the UK in Suffolk with good friends.  I had a hard time picking the photos for this because there were so many that were meaningful to me.  But, I think I can give you a taste of what I experienced.
Starting with an afternoon in Bungay

 Bungay is sweet village with history that includes
We were greated with sunshine and a brisk wind which after stomping around the village we warmed ourselves with Bungay's best hot chocolate.

 Morning walks and then off for a visit to
Cambridge.
 Bicycles for Fellows Only + lovely baskets for carrying.
 The streets of Cambridge are so picturesque with the beautiful buildings.
 A trip to the UK would not be complete without a photo of the red phone boothes.

Our reflection

The best Chelsea Buns
ever!!

 This is the entry pull to Kettle's Yard.  It is an incredible museum in the home of Jim Ede, the one time curator of the Tate Museum.  It contains his collection of over 50 years.  It was such an incredible place that I will do a separate post just on this museum.
 Bunting in Cambridge.  Not for us on this day.  We were headed home.
The next day took us on to Southwold for my last full day in Suffolk
 I've always wanted to take photos of these little beach houses.  They are rows of color burst amoung the sand dunes. 
 Couldn't pass up photo antics.
 The Pier at Southwold.  We had great weather again.
 Under the pier.
 The wind was a bit chilly but it did not seem to phase the gulls.
The sunset on my final evening in Suffolk.
Really, it doesn't get much better than this.  It is a lovely part of the world.
Time spent with friends is a special thing.  I'm so glad I made the stop here.  

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful photos, looks like a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos...so glad you had a nice time. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad you stopped by with us too. Beautiful photos to remember a special few days. Come back again soon.
    I x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, I think I will put Suffolk on my 'to see' list.
    Coming to Florence next time?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...