Saturday, February 18, 2012

Changes in the Air



OK, I'm making changes around here.  I have to admit that I am finding it a little difficult to pin down the identity of this blog space.  So, you will most likely see more changes coming as things settle in to where they should be.  I'm finding it interesting that for my new header photo I picked one of my paintings.  I really didn't even think about it - it just seemed like the right photo.  All of you know me as a photographer.  You either know me from Flickr, FILM26, or various online photography courses I have taken over the past year.  So, I think this is why I am finding it a little difficult to define this space.  There is another side of me that is emerging.  I am also a painter. But, what I am discovering through this transformation process is that really what this space is about is creativity.  Creative inspiration can come in many ways - photography, painting, cooking, words and many, many other shapes and forms.  I need to do a little more transformation and adjusting.  I figure I will let this space morph into what it is supposed to be.  In other words, bear with me through the changes and hopefully they won't take too long.
In the blog face lift that is going on I did find how to bring in my Flickr photos into a slide show on the sidebar.  Its not as straight forward and as easy at it should be.  Lucky for me, I found a blog that is a step by step process on how to do it - and yes, how to change the html code so that it actually works.  Here's the link in case you are interested in how to do this on your own blog.  Find the information HERE

3 comments:

  1. I really love how your blog header painting is looking forward and think she is reassuring you to set forth on this creative journey without any need of reaching a destination.
    I x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's interesting that you're coming to this cross roads. My blog started out primarily about photography as well and then I quickly realized I like to do lots more creative things than just that so rather than start a blog for each interest, it made sense to me to keep all my creative endeavors in one place. That might mean that sometimes a photographer is going to see my working on an art journal or a zentangle follower will see my experimenting with lettering styles, but......that's me. A mix of many interests. I look forward to seeing your other interests show up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marji, I found you through photography and have enjoyed watching you learn and grow in your encaustic painting. Clearly you are a person of multiple creative talents and interests, and I'm excited to see whatever you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...