Friday, March 2, 2012

The Photo-Heart Connection: February


This is one of my favorite photos I took in February.  It is taken in Suffolk England in the back garden at my friend's home in Homersfield.  It was early morning, crisp and cool.  The sun rose up over the fields and brought the most beautiful light.  To me, this photo speaks of promise.  There is promise that these pods will drop their seeds, the seeds will grow, and flowers will bloom again.  There is promise that the new will come with spring.  There is promise in the sunlight of a bright and beautiful day that is just beginning.  The little webs glisten with promise of building for the future.  So much promise in one capture.  It speaks to my heart - this is why I chose it for the photo-heart connection.

8 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful! I just love the light. Great to have a reminder of the promises that the day will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo captures me too! I am fascinated with seed pods. I'm amazed that something so ordinary is so beautiful! Your words about promise means so much, especially at this time of year when our spring is slowing arriving!! Love the image and the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much promise in light. You have captured it beautifully. When I see light, it changes everything. Love that touch of spider web on the left and the gorgeous sunflare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you write about promise Marji! Your words and photo fill me with so much positivity, so much hope, for the promise that each day and moment brings. Thank you for sharing this in the Photo-Heart connection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful photo - from one of my favourite parts of the country (I'm in the UK, my dad came from Suffolk and we go back every summer). The light is absolutely gorgeous and I love all the promises it holds that you've written about so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely capture of early morning light! It's wonderful to be able to see the promise of a new day and new season in your image. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning light, the spider webs show it has been around for a while, and while withering, shows such promise. Wonderful story to go with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to take photos of seed heads and pods for the very reason you described -- a full cycle of life captured in such a tiny space. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...