Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 21



Follow Me....
I discovered in the afternoon that my constant companion, my sweet girl, my doggie... left me. She went out into the big world on her own to discover where that scent led her. She was missing. It couldn't have been more than 20 minutes since I saw her last.. or was it? I don't remember. She is so quiet and sleeps nearby me - always. Never far, always close. I grabbed her leash and a pocket full of dog cookies and I headed out the door. I stood at the bottom of the driveway wondering which way could she have gone? Up the hill to the busy highway? Or down the trail - which way... north or south? Next door, next neighborhood... did she go to see her friend Chloe so she could go for a swim? No clues, just questions. I called and called, walked and walked, whistled and asked every passer-by if they had seen my girlie. I was sad and very worried and headed home to try and figure out what was next - do I wait it out and hope she returns? Go by car? Where we live now is worrisome for me that she could find her way home. I never used to worry where we lived before.. the dogs would return. The neighborhoods were less dense, less busy.. we all knew each other and recognized the pets. Here is busy, scary, dense and confusing. Would she find her way?
When I rounded the corner, there standing in my driveway was my mailman, Mark. He had a big smile on his face. He had found her two streets over in another neighborhood. He had parked his mail truck, and walked her home. He dropped dog cookies every few paces so that she would follow him. How amazing is this story? How lucky am I to have such an act of kindness come my way? I am very lucky. Tulli is home safe and sound. There are kind and generous people in this world. There are good people.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...