Wednesday, September 8, 2010

8 September



Because I felt like it ;-)
Tomorrow is actually the first book club meeting of the season.... and I am hosting. I signed up in June. We read a book by Bill Bryson "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid". It's based on some very funny memories of his childhood during the 50's in the Mid West. He's older than me, but there were so many things that made me chuckle and laugh out loud. So many things that carried over will into the 60's. What an amazing time in this world to be a kid.
I was thinking as I was licking my fingers and enjoying one too many raw cookies, these have raw eggs in the dough. As kids we grew up with stuff like that and it never occured to us the dangers of eating raw cookie dough - only the pure JOY of licking the beaters. Times have changed.
The eats at the gathering tomorrow are to be themed on the book that we discuss. So, naturally 1950's fare is my theme. We'll be having potato chips with Lipton's onion soup mix dip (this was my Mom's contribution to my menu), relish tray, cheese cubes with tooth picks, some crackers and other miscellaneous finger foods. For dessert - toll house cookies and quintessence of the 1950's - the pineapple upside down cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...