Wednesday, September 21, 2011

iPhone Inspiration


Today I had some fun and pulled together this little painting kinda late in the day. Its not done yet, but I was pretty excited to share my discovery. 

Encaustic on Panel
8x8

It was one of those days.  I really didn't feel like doing anything.  So I really kinda putzed around and wasted a day.  But one really good thing came of it. 
I played around with my iPhone.  Now in and of itself that may not seem like much.  But, I found that if I took a photo of one of my sketches and loaded it into Picture Show (iPhone ap) that I could play with some really cool effects. 

Pop Art in Picture Show
My favorite discovery was PopArt..  It gave some pretty cool color combos.  I cropped the photos to square which is my favorite for painting.  When I worked on the crop I could play around with the composition. 



PopArt and Double Exposure in Picture Show
I also discovered double exposure as providing some great ideas.  Now, keep in mind, Picture Show in these modes is totally random.  This is good and bad in that it is really luck of the draw as to what you get.  
For those of us that are a little challenged to think outside of the box for color and for some different compositions, this is a great find.   
Give it a try and loop back here and tell me what you think. 

1 comment:

  1. i love your creations. that's a great app. i haven't used it in a while but now you've inspired me to go back to it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...