Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Please

Please
Encaustic on birch panel
8x8

A Christmas Poem From the Dog


Eyeing hydrants, digging holes,


Drinking from the toilet bowls . . .






Playing games of "tug-o'-war,"


Putting scratch marks on your door . . .


Rolling over, playing dead,


Getting dog hair on your bed . . .






Scaring folks who bring the mail,


Chasing cars, as well as tail . . .






Barking, begging, heeling, howling,


And also, on occasion, growling . . .






Romping through a field of grass,


Sneezing, snoozing, passing gas . . .






Sniffing everything I see,


Peeing on the Christmas tree . . .






Woofing, wagging, chomping, chewing . . .


These are things I sure love doing!






(But I'll try not to do that tree thing . . .)






Happy Holidays!






Unknown





1 comment:

  1. OMG...never heard this one before and it's so delightful. While I was reading it, my "hound", sleeping on the floor beside me had one of those rare dreams where she starts wagging her tail in her sleep. Aren't they just the best?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...