Friday, November 13, 2015

Sharing Time, Making Time and Where's Waldo?


Waldo
encaustic mixed media on birch 6x6
Seems that Waldo here has a bit of a scowl.  Although if you were up at the crack of dawn every day - you may wear a bit of a scowl too.  Or perhaps there's another reason for his expression - perhaps the quickly coming holiday season...

I just spent two more days in the print studio in Portland learning monotype printing.  I'll say that being a beginner has its good things and bad things - but I muddled through it and have a better understanding of how the "painterly" prints are made.  I do love the wax or any paint really for that matter that if things start going sideways, I can just paint over it.  Not so with prints and there is no going back once its run through the press.  But, its amazingly fun and the mental gymnastics that my brain has to go through to change gears to think like a print artist is good for me.  Its a nice vacation from wax and I truly believe that new ideas sprout back in the wax studio because of time spent as a beginner in the print studio.

But, back to work in the wax and more to come with the holidays coming ahead.  But, I do catch myself daydreaming about the next prints I'm going to try and make once time allows.
Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, Waldo looks quite angry but he certainly is majestic looking and you have captured his look so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Waldo - getting up early makes you scowly, I know that! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps a scowl, but I think he looks quite real. Well done! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh as soon as I saw Waldo because my mother was called mad rooster when she was a child when kids teased her! So it was my first thought when I saw him...he is prolific but definitely annoyed!! Stunning work as always..

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. He may look angry but I love him. He has so much going for him. Well done

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...