Monday, July 25, 2011

Find Your Eye - Round Two


I photo for many reasons.  Some are the most obvious: 
  1.  I enjoy it. 
  2. It documents my every day. 
  3. It helps me slow down and see the world.
  4. Its a creative outlet
  5. and the list can go on and on
But really, what I have found lately is that it feeds and nourishes my soul.  This is what draws me to photography.  Maybe this is the obvious that I should have always known.  However, I many have overlooked it for the "obvious" reasons.
I can tell the photos in my library that really reflect my soul.  I'm learning that this is what really makes a great photo.  I know you too can look at other people's photos including your own work and pick out the ones that move you.  These are the photos that show the soul of the person behind the lens.  That person, that artist has found a way to show you what moves her.
I've decided for me, that I am going to try my best to take the shots that reflect my soul.  I want to capture the things that I see that move me.
Its not as easy as it sounds.  Are you up for joining me?  Are you up for the challenge of revealing a little piece of yourself in every photo you take?

13 comments:

  1. Count me in.....I agree that finding a soul connection is what nourishes me, but, you're right, it's not so easy. It will be challenging to try to figure out exactly what moves us.

    Nice to "see" you again in class. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how vibrant and lively you header photo is. You have made me think about capturing what is reflected in my soul, I really hope to gain more insight into that in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is challenging! It really does explain WHY people liking a specific image or not impacts me so much, but I didn't think about my love for photography this way at all. How insightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree so much with this. I find it really hard to describe what moves me in photography (or art) but I can feel it the minute I see it.
    Such a challenge to find it but I'm definitely in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it's good to stop & think about what the motivations are for taking photos. It is true that if we can capture things that we feel passionate about it reflects something of ourselves. And you're right- easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your header photo made me catch my breath and grin from ear to ear! (I'm still smiling.) And I love your comments. That's exactly what I want to do with my photography.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely in there with you! I'm also taking Kat's class and you absolutely sum up what I'm feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderfully written! You captured the essence of how I feel about my best photos, they are taken with my heart and show my soul in a way that others don't. You are right, it is hard, but I think it gets easier when we connect with that idea and start to see what really inspires us. I can't wait to follow your journey again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't it nice to slow down! I'm still on summer break ~ so, participating in FYE will help me transition back to work, instead of blog surfing! FYI ~ I'm in the FYE course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very eloquent. The way you describe what photography does for you is amazing. Your words moved me. Now I can't wait to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in for the challenge. Your words are very powerful, thank you for sharing them.
    Last night I was on the side of the road, laying on the gravel road capturing the sun and the wild flowers because it spoke to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breezing in from the FYE link up. I love what you've written. I too know when a photo has my soul in it-but it's just in the last couple months I'm noticing that. I agree-it is much of what makes a photo go to that next step. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are great words and so true! hope you enjoy round 2, I thought it would be the same as the one we did before, didn't realise there was a follow up, look forward to seeing your results.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...