Thursday, July 21, 2011

Where is summer?


I couldn't help but to take this photo as proof that it is true that summer is really eluding us here in Seattle. Yes, that really says 58 degrees Fahrenheit. And... the worst part?  This was taken today at 1PM.  The rest of the world is literally sweltering and here - officially - 78 minutes of summer this year. That is minutes where we have been 80 degrees or over since well, like the beginning of the year.


Yes, I am whining.... I can't help myself. I don't even get to wear sandals or summer clothes for that matter.


Although, as much as I whine and wish for warmer days to play in the sunshine... I don't think I would trade with any of you who live in the HOT cities to the east of me.... unless you live on a beach or a lake :)


4 comments:

  1. Oh, that is crazy isn't it? Well, I am SO missing Seattle right now as I am in Asheville, NC visiting family, and it is so hot here only to go back home to Las Vegas to triple digits! Wish I could head straight to Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you, I'm complaining about similar temps here, but we're in the middle of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hear with you!! Not many signs of summer here this year, either :-( Temperatures are in the 50ies and there is more rain than sun, and yes I'm complaining! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was 104*F here in nyc yesterday. blek!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...